Tam Bảo Sơn monastery was created in 1990 in the honor of the 4 crowned places of the Buddha. During the 10 last years, between its opening in 1990 and 2000, the monastery accomodated more than 20 monks/religious, of which some have had for summer named abbots and of the spiritual chiefs of other Temples. All Sangha (monks and nuns) presented here completed their secondary studies and are of all ages.
THE LARGE FOREST OF THE PINES
The whole of the grounds of this monastery, 337 hectares, is located in the Township of Harrington since September 1988. This ground has an abundance of fresh air to make it possible the Buddhist religion to contribute its traditional culture in the Canadian culture. So that all the faithful Buddhists have the feeling of their Buddhist fatherland in Canada. It is natural of convention between the religion and the social culture thought. Here, there are four holy places of the history Gotama Buddha:
- The garden of Lumbini where Buddha was born,
- Boddhigaya where Buddha reached the illumination,
- The Deer Park where Buddha to start to teach the disciples His 5 on the four noble truths, and
- Kusinagaraya where Buddha reached Parinirvana.
Among these four important places of the history of Buddha there is:
- A principal temple Buddhas of 1000,
- The large statue of Sakyamuni Buddha,
- The Buddha of last AMITABHA BUDDHA,
- The statue of Buddha of Compassion AVALOKITESVRA, MATREIYA Buddha of the future,
- The statue Buddha to beg for alms, of the protection of the statue of Buddha (Vajanapani Bodhisattva), and
- The garden with Rahula the statue of Mazu.
In addition to these statues, it ya a dormitory for the buddhist monks/religious, and a kitchen with the remainder places for the Buddhists as well. All these construction are managed by the Venerable Thích Thiện Nghị, its disciples (monks, nuns) and its Buddhist members in Canada who contributed to develop their charity Buddhism in Canada.
In 2023, the Great Pine Forest – Tam Bao Son (GPF-TBS) will be open to welcome visitors to the monastery as well as pilgrimage to the holy places in the history of Buddha Shakyamuni from May 1st to October 31st on Saturday and Sunday 09:00-17:00.
- All organizations are planning to visit the GPF-TBS by bus, please contact our monastery two weeks prior to your arrival by phone at: 819-687-2183 or 514-969-7373, if you are not, access to the site may refuse.
- To facilitate the work of our volunteers, we invite the organizers of the bus pilgrimage groups, inform us how many people in your group identified by your logo who wanted to get vegetarian meals according to the meal schedule and time determined by our monastery
- Vegetarian lunch will be served from 11:30 to 15:00. If you like to have vegetarian meals after 15:00 when travelling from Toronto, Quebec city or from United States of America, please contact us by phone or text at 514-969-7373 (groups only, no individual).
- Non-vegetarian foods (meats, seafood, eggs, shallots, onions and chives) as well as alcoholic beverages are not allowed on our site.
- The contribution of the donations to the served lunches is based on the volunteer of each person to get his meal, our organization the GPF-TBS is considered that the organizations have collected the money of the participants to pay the lunches are not correct.
- The GPF-TBS is neither a picnic site nor a meeting place for people, so we ask visitors to refrain from setting up picnic, tents, singing or playing music and preparing meals on our site.
- Sleeveless or too short T-shirts, as well as skirts that are too high, do not respect the monastery’s dress code.
Attention: clothes-open neck, open belly, see through, legging can not accept in Our Holy Places.
- Pets and animal are not permitted on site except for medical issue. A medical or government certificate is required upon request.
- Do not hunt or fish at the site, plucking flowers and tree branches.
- The golf cart is only for seniors plus one relatives of seniors.
- Please take walk to visit our Holy places in order to have more blessing.
- Defense to use drones at the site.
- No smoking on our site.
- Please keep the place clean by using waste baskets.